Meet TATI CHIN
I’m Tati Chin. I’m a professional food taster and amateur food maker at tatichin.com. I blog primarily about tips, trips, and tastes from my big comfy couch in Atlanta, GA! Did I mention how excited I am to be interviewed by Kristen for AKCESS?
So, let’s get started!
1. What convinced you to begin blogging?
I’ve always been a talker. In my college web development class we had to make a personal website as an assignment and from there I sort of fell in love with blogging!
2. How did you come up with your blog’s name?
My blog is simply Tati Chin because I want people to associate me with the brand. At first that may come off as a bit self-centered, but when I think of the brands that inspire me: Oprah, Martha Stewart, and of course, Beyoncé, I feel firm in that decision.
3. What are your top three (3) tools that you use with your blog and why?
• Google Apps are incredible. I have the $5 a month domain email that comes with lots of storage and my own custom email address and everything is connected. The Google Docs mobile app is what I use to outline content ideas, the Google Sheets app I use for tracking, Calendar for publishing, and obviously my Gmail inbox. Google is a life-changer!
• Canva. If you’ve ever seen those cutie blog graphics people have for their posts they were probably created with Canva. Once you get the hang of it, you can have pre-made templates for blog posts images and custom color palettes to suit your blog. Great for folks like me who aren’t quite ready to hire a graphic designer.
• Mailchimp. I know there’s a lot of competition when it comes to email tools, but Mailchimp does everything I need it to do. Building an email list is something I wish I did earlier on. Now that I’ve got a great free goodie to give people when they sign up, Mailchimp makes it so easy for people to access it!
4. Outside of blogging, what other interest do you have?
My blog is now primarily focused on food, so obviously I spend a lot of time tasting and trying new things, shopping for unique ingredients, and getting what I call food-spo (food inspiration). I can’t believe I’m saying this in the year 2017, but I love physical activity. From yoga to running to kickboxing to hiking, I love working up a good sweat. It makes me feel accomplished. And it balances out all that delicious food!
5. With being a blogger, what has been your biggest challenge thus far?
My biggest challenge is making sure I’m delivering content that people actually want to consume. Every so often I like to step back, look at what content is “doing numbers” and scrap the stuff that isn’t. I also love that unsolicited feedback from my friends, even if it’s like “girl…what the hell is this post about?”
It’s hard when something you’re passionate about isn’t necessarily getting through to people, but it’s okay!
6. What advice can you offer to beginning bloggers or people who are hesitant in starting their blog?
People get very discouraged by the “over-saturation” of the blogging world. My advice? Make cool content. Tell your own unique story in your own unique voice. Repeat. Don’t worry about what everyone else is doing…like Nike, just do it!
7. Which social media platform works best for your blog and why?
Although I’m a mostly-food blogger, my content seems to do the best on Twitter. Like I said, I’m a talker, so on Twitter I can give a back-story before I just drop a link to a post. People want to hear the story behind things and know that there’s a human there beyond the dish (or in your case, the outfit).
Again, you can find me at tatichin.com and my Instagram & Twitter usernames are @tatichin also. I’m so excited for you and this amazing year Kristen!
I am so thankful for the help that Tati lends to me whenever I need her! She is fun, energetic, and always eating/cooking something amazing! Be sure to check out her site. You are sure to fall in love! It’s linked above!