I have a confession! I am addicted to shopping. Not just any kind of shopping though. Specifically online shopping! Can I get an amen? As I’m trying to “kick this habit,” I’ve decided to “shop my closet” more often!
Happy Saturday y’all! Thank goodness the weekend is here, right? So guys, let’s hear it! What did you think about my first week of the “outfit of the day” saga? Was it #teamtoomuch or #teamyasssss?
Wow! The day has finally arrived ! It’s 12/05 at 12:05 one entire year later! AKCESS turns one and I am officially twenty eight! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to US!!
I am so thrilled to be sharing this post with the world! My best friend is having a baby and it’s a….GIRL! I don’t think it’s possible to share how excited I am for my friend of many years and her husband!
There are going to be so many precious moments and joyous experiences happening for them! Although I haven’t personally experienced motherhood, I know without a doubt that she will be one of the greatest moms ever! I remember the exact moment when she sent me the photo of her ultrasound! I burst into tears right at my desk at work! I was upset and happy all at the same time! How? I was so annoyed that she hadn’t told me sooner, but I was extremely happy that she was pregnant and having my next niece or nephew (I didn’t know the gender at the time).
You know the next thing the best friend is supposed to do after finding out news like this, right? Right! I instantly started surfing the web for cute baby outfits! I immediately became obsessed! We talked all day long and fed off of each other’s excitement. Now, with finding out the gender of baby Talbert, this has taken it to an entirely different level of excitement!
I pray for nothing but great health, great times, great memories, and great amounts of love to surround this growing family of THREE!
Here are a few shots from her Tee Time or Tea Party themed gathering!
Planning a gender reveal can be stressful for some and for others it’s a breeze! I created a small list of four (4) helpful tips that can make planning a little bit easier!
4 Helpful Tips When Planning A Gender Reveal Party
- Make sure you consult with the honoree – find out his and her likes; the vision of the parents is what’s most important.
- Appoint a trust worthy friend also known as the “secret keeper” to know the gender and plan the party! (I was not that person because I would have ruined the surprise!)
- Try not to do one color more than the other – – have a balanced amount of pink and blue. (And, yes, it’s okay to use a different color scheme for the gathering.)
- Be sure to have a reliable person to have the camera ready and rolling to capture the big moment of the reveal and all the other details that make the day so special.
Thank goodness for social media! Instagram’s search page isn’t just for fashion, gossip, and celebrities. Instagram was the only way I was able to learn about a seminar for fashion and personal branding hosted by Richland County Public Library. The panel consisted of successful bloggers all from the capital city. When I heard of this, I immediately had to rearrange my Saturday plans for this 3-4 pm slot. I had to be available for this! I am very thankful that I was able to attend and meet such talented individuals.
I wanted to pretty much give a brief synopsis of my takeaways as requested by a few of my awesome blogger and social media followers! I aim to give the people what they want! *wink*
1. BRANDING IS KEY!!!
2. Don’t be afraid to put yourself out there!
3. Be open to connecting to with people!
4. What my readers want + your thoughts and content = YOUR BRAND!
5. Hashtags are LIFE!! Only use 29 hashtags!! Minimum 15!
6. Be consistent with your social media sites such as IG and FB as well as on your actual blog because social media could be sold & vanish tomorrow! Have multiple outlets for your content!
These are all very helpful tips for beginning bloggers, but can go a long way with seasoned bloggers as well! I hope that those that requested this brief post are excited and are reassured that all of your hard work will absolutely pay off!
[ Our ideas either waste time or they allow us to use our time wisely, you choose! ]
I really loved the fact that this was a requested post. I am always listening and ready to give my viewers AKCESS to what they need and want! Keep them coming! Whether it’s on social media, my contact form here, or an email (Kristen@Akcess.me)….I’m excited to hear from you!