I’m Britt; a fitness lover doubling as a world traveler. I experience different cultures all while staying true to myself. With my blog, I advocate self-love and hope to inspire others by sharing workouts, tips, product reviews, and life hacks!
- What convinced you to begin blogging?
I honestly did it on a whim. A lot of people would laugh at the idea of me being “another blogger,” but I had a need for a creative outlet to document my fitness journey. I just wanted to inspire other people while being as honest as possible about the ups and downs of trying to live a healthier lifestyle.
- How did you come up with your blog’s name?
I initially started blogging under the brand “Beauty in Beast Mode,” but after a year, it began to feel inorganic. It just felt like I HAD to keep up with this image of always being in the gym or always focusing on my body and that just wasn’t me. After a year, I re-branded my blog to “Just Being Britt.” I felt like this was a space that I could be authentic. I could talk about my workouts and what I was eating, but also my struggles and other experiences in my life without having to portray some perfect life.
- What are your top three (3) tools that you use with your blog and why?
- Google Analytics is a great tool I use to track all the stats for my blog. It helps me figure out all my demographics and which posts attract the most attention and engagement. A lot of times, brands need to know all your demographics to consider me for a campaign so it’s great that I can always have that information available.
- I love Mail chimp. It’s a great, free tool I use to promote new content on my blog or to simply offer free workouts, inspiration or any type of content that I won’t necessarily put in a blog post.
- Another tool I like is PicMonkey. This helps create eye-catching pins for Pinterest. Pinterest has directed a lot of traffic to posts on my blog. Sometimes it just takes the right image and caption and you gain more readers.
- Outside of blogging, what other interest do you have? I consider myself a simple kind of girl. I love food and spending time with my friends and family. I’m currently living abroad, and I don’t get to do that year round. So, while in different countries, I like to explore, try new workouts and all the food!
- With being a blogger, what has been your biggest challenge thus far?
One of the biggest challenges is consistency! It’s not that there aren’t so many topics to cover, but I have to stay in the routine of brainstorming, writing and creating. Sometimes, I’m just not as inspired and have to go back to the drawing board without neglecting my blog all together.
- What advice can you offer to beginning bloggers or people who are hesitant in starting their blog?
My advice for beginning bloggers is to be authentic and plan ahead. Your ideas, your views, and your experiences are what will shape your story. Your story is important, because it’s what people can connect with. Once you know your perspective and your story, you can create a brand that will showcase all of those ideas and experiences. Just be yourself, stay consistent and go for it!
- What’s social media platforms work best for your blog and why?
Instagram is my favorite social media platform. This is where I receive the most traffic and the most engagement. I can tell a story, post a workout, post a joke or just post inspiration and have an opportunity to communicate with my audience. Also, using Instagram with an emphasis on hash tags and tagging different brands I use have helped my gain partnerships and opportunities with those brands. So, it’s a great way to connect with my audience as well as reach out to my favorite brands.
I hope that this is helpful to you all and don’t forget to find me at www.JustBeingBritt.com! Can’t wait to meet you!
Britt was always willing to help me during my decision time for AKCESS. I still believe that I CANNOT thank her enough for her help and guidance through the process. She will forever be one of my favorites! Check out her site (link provided above) and join her mailing list so that you never miss out!
6 thoughts on “Q&A with Just Being Britt”
Awesome article! It was cool to hear how she changed her blog to better fit where she was in her life.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Absolutely!! As we work through our blogging adventures there are bound to be instances of change and growth! That’s what makes me enjoy the entire process! Thanks for reading doll!!
This is great K, keep up the good work
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks doll! Glad you enjoyed and I hope you found this series helpful! XO
Such a lovely post!! Britt is such an inspiration and your questions really answered a few things I wanted to know, especially about how she got started 🙂 love it! -ST
LikeLiked by 1 person
Aww you’re so sweet! Britt has been a huge help with getting me started along with the other featured ladies! So happy I was able to help you! XO